Beach Volleyball Manager - Jericho Beach
Job Title: Volleyball Manager – Jericho Beach
Type of Position: Temporary seasonal part-time
Hourly Wage: $18.75
Hours/Week: 12 hours – Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday evenings (5:30pm-8:30pm)
Length of Term: May 31st-End of Summer Season (August/September)
Location: Locarno Beach (4445 NW Marine Dr)
Responsible for overseeing all beach volleyball league and event operations delivered at Jericho Beach during the week. They will be directly managing a staff of 1 Beach Volleyball League Coordinators and up to 1 Beach Volleyball volunteer each night at Jericho.
They will be supervised by the UBC Facility Manager and will also have daily contact with a Director/Assistant Director as well as one formal meeting/week. Primary responsibility will be supervision and support of league operations 4 afternoons/evenings per week at the locations assigned to them. They will help with the training of other on-site staff, as well as interact with participants on a nightly basis.
Applicant will need to provide their own transportation to/from the venue.
- Coordinate and train staff on the set up and tear down of applicable equipment
- Meeting, greeting and directing participants to their venues
- Facilitate league and event start-ups, operations and completion tasks as assigned by a the Facility Manger UBC, or Director/Assistant Director
- Cover coordinator shifts/responsibilities on an as needed basis
- Social Media celebration of staff and participants
- Completion of end of day reporting (scores, incidents, facility/equipment issues)
Skills & Requirements:
- Client Service
- Social Media
- Conflict Resolution
If you are interested, please apply with resume and cover letter addressed to Jason Margolus at [email protected].
Only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.