COVID-19 Addendum to Licence – CITY OF DELTA
Dr. Bonnie Henry stated on May 16, 2020 that “COVID-19 is new for all of us”. We at City of Delta responded to the direction from our public health officials to first close our facilities, parks and programs and cease offering services, and we are now responding to the direction to reopen our facilities and offer services to our community cautiously, with the safety of our staff and community being our priority. This includes permitting user groups access to our facilities, parks and programs, but solely on the basis that COVID-19 precautions will be adhered to by any and all user groups and individual participants.
COVID-19 remains a worldwide pandemic and a threat to our local health and safety. We know the following (this list is not intended to be exhaustive):
1. The infectious agent, SARS-CoV-2, has caused cases and outbreaks of a serious communicable disease known as COVID-19 among the population of the Province of British Columbia;
2. Our public health officials have determined this constitutes a regional event, as defined in section 51 of the Public Health Act;
3. A person infected with SARS-CoV-2 can infect other people with whom the infected person is in contact; and
4. The gathering of people in close contact with one another can promote the transmission of SARS-CoV-2 and increase the number of people who develop COVID-19.
We cannot be certain that a person (of any age) will not contract SARS-CoV-2 at one of our facilities or parks and/or while participating in one of our programs, but we have taken the steps required to develop the Delta COVID-19 Safety Plan, which is available for your review at www.delta.ca/COVID19. We have also developed COVID-19 policies and procedures, which are also available for your review at www.delta.ca/COVID19. Even though we have implemented the Delta COVID-19 Safety Plan and are applying the associated policies and procedures, the risk remains that a COVID-19 outbreak could occur despite our efforts.
As a condition of your user group (the “Licensee”) being allowed to re-enter and use the Facility/Park/Program listed in your Licence Agreement, you are required, on behalf of the Licensee, to read and confirm that you understand the Delta COVID-19 Safety Plan and Delta’s COVID-19 policies and procedures and that the Licensee has its own COVID-19 Safety Plan. The Licensee is required to circulate this Addendum to the participants in the activity for which it is utilizing the Facility, Park or Program. The Licensee is required to take steps to ensure that participants act in accordance with the Delta COVID-19 Safety Plan and Delta’s COVID-19 policies and procedures as well as the Licensee’s COVID-19 Safety Plan. In the event of a conflict between the Delta COVID-19 Safety Plan and Delta’s COVID-19 policies and procedures and the Licensee’s COVID-19 Safety Plan, the most stringent requirement shall apply. Failure to adhere to the same could result in the Licensee’s Licence Agreement being terminated without refund of any fees and/or any particular person being banned from access to a Delta facility, park or program. These termination rights are in addition to and not in place of any termination rights contained in the Licence Agreement and will apply notwithstanding any terms in the Licence Agreement.
It is vital that:
- no person who feels sick in any way visits any of Delta’s facilities or parks and/or utilizes any of Delta’s services or programs.
- no person brings a child who feels unwell or is showing any symptoms of illness to any of Delta’s facilities or parks or utilize any of Delta’s services or programs.
- any person who believes that they or their child may have become ill within 14 days of visiting or utilizing one of Delta’s facilities, parks or programs 1) seeks appropriate medical attention by calling 8-1-1, and 2) reports this immediately to the City of Delta by contacting Delta’s Parks, Recreation and Culture Department at 604-946-3293.
We will share personal information for the purposes of contact tracing if the need arises. To attend any Delta facilities or parks or utilize any of Delta’s services or programs, all persons taking part in your activities must consent to the same.
For more information regarding the risks associated with COVID-19, please review the BC CDC guidelines for recreation facilities: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/community-settings/recreation-facilities. I