This policy is intended as a deterrent–while it is each team’s prerogative to decide whether or not to play each week, it is our expectation that as part of the agreement we make in allowing your team’s registration, we will allocate a space for your team in return for your team attending and utilizing that space. Our business and the satisfaction of our entire membership are predicated on this agreement being honoured.
Any team that defaults, which is defined as failing to be able to field the minimum required number of players for the sport which is being played. A team will also be considered in default if they fail to field the minimum required number of each gender for that sport.
In the event a team defaults, the following steps will be taken:
- The team will be removed from the schedule for the remainder of the posted schedule for that league until such time as they pay the required default fee.
- In the event that a team does not pay the required default fee they will be removed from the league without compensation.
- Required default fees are as follows:
Default fees are required to be paid in full no later than 2 business days after the default. Fees can be paid either in cash at the Urban Rec offices OR via credit card over the phone or via secure web transaction.
- The default fees collected will be distributed as follows:
- 40% will be distributed to the team(s) that were defaulted on.
- 10% will be charged as an administration fee.
- 50% will be held in trust until the end of the season that the default occurred. If there is no subsequent default the 50% will be refunded in full to the team. If a second default occurs the remaining 50% will be distributed as laid out in point 5. And a further default fee will need to be submitted.
- This fee must be paid by credit card or cash ONLY
- Default fees that are paid out to teams will be paid by refunding the credit card used to purchase the team registration. In the event that card has expired or changed for some reason, a check will be issued. It is the responsibility of the team captain to distribute any default fees as they deem appropriate.
Urban Rec will make every effort to collect all default fees. However in the case that a team does not pay its default fee, they will be removed from the league and banned from further Urban Rec participation. In this situation no compensation will be awarded to the teams that were defaulted on until the defaulting team pays the fee.