URBAN REC COED SOCCER TOURNEY SERIES POWERED BY
Thank you to all of the teams that participated in our soccer tournament series this year!
We usually run 1-2 tournaments per year inside BC Place (usually in March/April, and again in September if BC Place is available), as well as one outdoors at Trillium Park in July.
What is the general format?
- The tournament will run from 9am to 4pm (times are approximate and may fluctuate from tournament to tournament).
- Teams are to play with 7 players on the field (6 players and a goalie) – at least 2 members of each gender must be playing out (i.e. not playing as the goaltender) at all times. Goaltenders may be of either gender.
- Teams will play on half-sized fields (the same format as our regular outdoor soccer leagues).
- Teams will be initially seeded in to pools based on 1) their relative skill level based on past performance in Urban Rec leagues (if applicable), and 2) the skill level the team was registered at.
- Each team will play three 30-minute matches within their pool during round-robin play (game times are approximate and may fluctuate from tournament to tournament).
- If warranted, Urban Rec will reseed teams between pools before playoffs.
- Each team will play at least one playoff match (semi-final). Teams that advance can have up to 2 playoff matches.
- Standard Urban Rec outdoor soccer rules apply
Join us at one of our clubhouses afterwards for the awards presentations and to toast a fun day of soccer with your friends!
All questions regarding this event can be directed to email@example.com.