Heartbreaker Indoor Coed 6's Rec/Int Rules
Coed 6’s Indoor Volleyball RULES AND GUIDELINES- Tournaments
- To be eligible to play, all players must have signed an online waiver. Players that do not sign an online waiver will not be allowed to play. Team captains that do not fill out the online team roster will have their team removed from the schedule until they do so and all players have signed the waiver (this can be done on a mobile device).
- The on-site staff may do a random ID check for players from any team. If a team is found to be using an ineligible player (i.e. someone who has not indicated that they have read the online waiver), then that player’s team will forfeit the game if it has already begun. If the game has not begun, then the game will not be a forfeit- that player is simply not permitted to participate until they have indicated they have read the online waiver.
- Teams must have a minimum of 2 players of each gender on the court. If a team does not have 2 players of each gender, the team may play shorthanded provided they have at least 4 players including at least 1 player of each gender on the court and no more than 4 members of a gender on the court. If a team has less than 4 players it defaults the match.
- If a team has less than 6 players, there is no “ghost” rule. Serve rotation proceeds to the next available player without penalty.
- Players must rotate positions as well as serve with each side-out.
- Teams will only call fouls committed by their own players. Players will not call the fouls against their opponents. If a player neglects to call his/her own fouls, his/her team captain will be responsible for calling these fouls on his/her player’s behalf.
- If there is a dispute on a call, re-serve the play. Contact the on-site staff for clarification of rules after the match is completed.
- All players will conduct themselves in a polite and sportsmanlike manner. Individuals who do not abide by these criteria will be removed from the league.
- All balls must be hit cleanly. No scooping or carrying the ball. Only off of a driven ball may a ball may be double hit (i.e. off arm and head in one continuous motion).
- Contact with the net in any way (except for hair) constitutes loss of point. A player that goes under the net but does not contact the net or interfere with the play is okay.
- A served ball may not be blocked or attacked directly back over the net.
- A served ball may be volleyed to a teammate, but may not be volleyed directly over the net when receiving the serve.
- If a player blocks a driven ball and the ball comes onto their own team’s side, the block does not count as a hit towards the three-hit limit (i.e. the team may still have 3 additional hits after the block).
- The ball can hit any part of the body.
- If a back-row player is in front of the attack line and plays the ball over the net, he/she must contact the ball below the height of the net.
- Seeding matches will be timed; teams will play to the whistle with no cap on points. If time expires will the ball is in mid-point, teams should finish the point. If the game is tied, teams should play 1 more point to determine a winner (NO TIES).
- The score should be reported accurately by both teams as the point differential may come into play when determining playoff rankings as well as reseeding for teams.
- Playoff matches will consist of a best 2 of 3 format (21/21/15) Games are all rally point, win by 2 points, cap at 23 (Cap at 17 in the 3rd match. Matches will be over when a team wins 2 games or time expires.
- If time expires while teams are playing the 3rd set (the tiebreaker), whichever team is winning the 3rd set at that point wins the match (playing out the point if time expires mid-point). As in the seeding matches, if the set is tied at that point, then teams should play 1 more point to determine a winner. If time expires while teams are in the 2nd set or before they have begun the 3rd set, then the combined score from the first 2 sets will determine a winner.
Urban Rec reserves the right to move teams up or down from division to division depending on the teams’ level of play.
Have FUN! If there are any problems or suggestions about the tournament, please free to contact us. Please enjoy yourselves!