Last update- December, 2021
Occasionally, Urban Rec may have to either cancel or postpone leagues for a variety of reasons (e.g. facility issues, not enough teams, etc.). In the event that a league is cancelled before the season starts by Urban Rec, teams will be refunded their league fees in full.
If a league intended to run for 9 weeks or more and is postponed more than 90 days from the originally intended start date, then teams registered for that league would be refunded in full. If the league is able to begin play within 90 days of its original start date, then the Withdrawal Policy would apply to any teams wishing to withdraw from the league.
If a league intended to run for 8 weeks or less is postponed more than 60 days from the original start date, then teams registered for that league would be refunded in full. If the league is able to begin play within 60 days of its original start date, then the Withdrawal Policy would apply to any teams wishing to withdraw from the league.
Mid-season Cancellation Policy
In the event that a league is paused during the season but is able to resume play within 60 days of the date it was paused, teams will still be scheduled for their full complement of games where possible and the season may be extended as a result. If teams are unable to be scheduled for their full complement of games due to the pause, or the season needs to be cancelled following a mid-season pause, then teams will have the option of receiving one of the following refund options:
- credit for future play worth 100% of the prorated amount for any remaining games that were unable to be played due to league cancellation, OR
- cash refund worth 70% of the prorated amount for any remaining games that were unable to be played due to league cancellation (the remaining 30% of the pro-rated amount is withheld by Urban Rec to cover the unrecoverable costs associated with the initiation of the league such as participant and facility insurance, staff and equipment.)
Please note that we offer this differentiated policy on cash refund versus credit for future play in leagues that are cancelled mid-season because we are willing to invest in your future participation despite having incurred unrecoverable costs in initiating a league. We can do this because you will have allowed us the utility of your fees during the period between when you had registered and when you apply the credit. This is worth a lot to us, and we sincerely appreciate it and want you to benefit from that consideration in the future with us. If you need the cash back immediately, we get that too, these can be uncertain times and we will gladly refund all that we can recover. However, we can’t give you back the cash that we spent on your behalf in having initiated the league for which you agreed to participate understanding that we would be incurring costs to initiate that league. The reason being that we just don’t have those funds to return, as that money has been spent on your behalf as part of the process of providing the initiation of the service we have been contracted for by you by the time the league has started its first week of play and is therefore unrecoverable by us and thus can’t be returned to you. We sincerely appreciate your understanding on this matter should this policy need to be applied to your registration with us.